Notable Recent Sightings

20/04 Whimbrel 1, Dolydd Hafren
12/04 Black-necked Grebe 1, in breeding plumage, Llyn Coed-y-Dinas
10/01 White Stork 1, photo'd near Llansantffraid, present up to 28 Feb
01/10 Glossy Ibis 1, photo'd by Osprey camera at Cors Dyfi
17/09 Grey Phalarope 1 juv, Red Ridge Centre, Cefn Coch, photo'd
29/05 Pink-footed Goose 1, over Welshpool, photo'd on 09/06
01/05 Red-throated Diver 1, Llyn Clywedog
07/02 Whooper Swan 44, Lake Vyrnwy
31/01 Whooper Swan 51, Haimwood, Llandrinio
   
See Sightings Archive for older records

Friday, October 19, 2012

Being confined to `Barracks` in Manafon I am having to get a little resourceful. The front of our home has a south facing balcony meausuring 25` x 5`. We have an array of long standing feeders, fat blocks et`c which are positioned between various minature apple trees that gives cover to visitors. In the last four weeks I have made a list of birds that have visited the balcony, it`s trees, and or feeders. My total was 13 differant species by this morning, but as I got busy with the above tit bird number 14 landed on the balcony rail a few feet away from me `a pied wagtail`. I do not have a blackbird on my list and cannot recall seeing one locally for some weeks now, where have they gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment